We wish the next few lines were self-explanatory, but we know they're not. At Republik, our mission is clear: to help brands change the world. To do that, we need to create an inclusive environment and build a diverse team where everyone feels free to put their convictions to work and where they can feel heard and encouraged. We believe in recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion that doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical disability, age, language, accent or any other characteristic that makes us unique. We also believe that bringing people together with different identities, experiences and abilities helps us to truly understand the communities we work with, so we can be even more creative. And so the industries we work with can change.
Republik is looking for a Digital Media Strategist. This versatile and experienced individual will play a vital role in overseeing the media buying and planning team, while also taking a leadership role in developing innovative digital strategies for the agency's various clients. Their leadership, adaptability, analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively make them a significant asset to the media activation team.
Alright, so what’s the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Perform digital audits and analyses of the digital ecosystem for various brands and their competitors, with a focus on gaining a deeper understanding of target audiences, their decision-making behavior, their use of different communication channels, and client positioning.
- Design tailored digital strategies as part of annual planning exercises and ad-hoc media creativity and content creation mandates.
- Gather data to identify insights and learning, serving as a reference point for the creative and activation team.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to strategic directions and ensure their ongoing monitoring and optimization.
- Identify and explain audience behavior information across all media platforms.
- Translate audience strategy and consumer journey into an implementation plan.
- Challenge clients on their strategies and support them in business intelligence.
- Participate in the development of digital campaigns, from planning to launch, optimization, and performance reporting on platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Broadsign Ads, Snapchat Ads, TikTok Ads.
- Participate in the preparation of service offers and client presentations (pitches).
- Set up and update Looker Studio dashboards for campaign monitoring.
- Implementation of Google Analytics, event and goal configurations, as well as Google Tag Manager implementation and configurations.
What kind of background are you looking for?
- You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criteria. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an agency or client-side role.
- A relevant university education in marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent.
- Experience in managing digital campaigns and media planning.
- Advanced knowledge of the web, technologies, and digital in general (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, DSP, DMP, CRM, etc.).
- Proficiency in both French and English at a high level, both oral and written.
- Strong initiative, communication skills, and autonomy.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our benefits:
- Four weeks of vacation upon hire, plus two weeks off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The possibility of four-day work weeks thanks to meeting-free Summer Fridays
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first three months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness and period days. No questions asked.
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around working remotely and internationally
- Possibility of an unpaid leave or a part-time schedule
- $400 allowance per year for wellness needs
- An RRSP program with employer contribution
- 5@7s and cultural events
- Monthly training sessions
- Paid mentorship opportunities for all employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. We strive to create an environment that fosters personal and professional growth so that everyone in the agency can put their convictions to work.
There’s so much more to offer, but you’ll have to come see for yourself!
The hiring process
This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
Salary based on experience.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.