Republik is looking for a traffic manager who wants to work for an agency with strong social and environmental values. This person will make sure that things run smoothly at the agency and that the right people are working on the right projects. Since this is a brand new position, the traffic manager will have to put several things in place from the get-go. Since the traffic manager will be assigning people to various projects, from strategy to production, this person must be able to deal with ever-changing tasks and priorities simultaneously.
We’re also looking for someone with an artistic eye and casting skills, in order to properly assign people to various types of creative mandates. Beyond resource optimization, the traffic manager will have to get a sense of our team’s morale. This person will become the agency’s barometer in terms of how everybody is feeling and who is working on what.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Assign the right people to the right projects.
- Develop a network of freelancers in order to act fast when workloads are saturated.
- Optimize the project management system and the planning process.
- Work in close collaboration with the client service team to understand the mandates and be proactive when facing changes or revisiting priorities.
- Maintain regular contact with our various departments to optimize resources, but also to get a sense of the team’s wellbeing and level of happiness.
- Update a dashboard that will allow managers as well as the sales team to keep an eye on the departments’ workload.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't think it's a good thing to have a too-long list of criteria. So let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in an agency, in production or traffic management.
- Human-centred approach and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with creative work and casting skills catering to the agency’s mandates.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in managing complex projects, involving many people.
- High-level proficiency in various project management tools.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.