We wish this went without saying, but we know it doesn't. At Republik, we have a clear mission: to help brands change the world. And to do so, we need and want to create an inclusive environment where a diverse team of talented people can feel at complete liberty to put their convictions to work, and know they'll be heard and valued in return. We believe in the power of recruiting, employing, training, compensating, and promoting regardless of race, religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, language, accent, or any of the other characteristics that make you uniquely you. By bringing our different identities, abilities, and experiences together, we can better understand the communities we serve, foster greater creativity, and collectively revolutionize the industries in which we operate.
Republik is looking for an Administrative Assistance specialist to support the management team and ensure smooth operations within the agency as a whole. The agency’s executives are seeking support for time management, priorities, and communications with the internal team and various clients and partners.
Alright, so what's the job?
This person will have an overview of the executive team’s activities and will be able to prioritize multiple cases, put in place efficient administrative processes, and become the benchmark in terms of management assisting the executives.
- Manage the agendas of the executive team and monitor priorities on a daily basis.
- Support the team in the preparation of various documents, reports, presentations, or research to be carried out.
- Participate in the agency's billing cycle.
- Manage document and file archiving, invoices, and accounts payable.
- Act as a benchmark in relation to agency life and employee well-being and as a point of contact with various external suppliers.
- Attend various agency meetings in order to draft reports and carry out the necessary follow-ups.
- Participate in cultural and staff-oriented initiatives.
- Write, proofread, and translate documents in French and English.
What kind of background are you looking for?
You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criteria. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- Relevant experience in a support role to an executive team, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A proactive attitude towards planning, management, and organization of different processes.
- A sense of priorities, confidentiality, and flexibility.
- Comfortable with Google Workspace.
- Basic skills in accounting and accounting software.
- Ability to set up presentations.
- Ability to communicate in both French and English.
What kind of people do you hire?
Here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to disrupt the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be brave enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our current equality, diversity & inclusion initiatives:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first 3 months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness, and period days, no questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around remote work, working hours, and vacation time
- Additional benefits accrued with seniority, including the possibility of an unpaid leave or part-time schedule
- Recognition of religious and cultural holidays
- Recognition of Juneteeth and Martin Luther King Jr Day in allyship with Black Lives Matter
- Company volunteer days
- Mentorship opportunities for employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions, including women and BIPOC
- A commitment to implement the demands contained in The Call for Equity, an open letter to Canadian Advertising and Marketing Industry Leaders to create a more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist advertising and marketing industry
- The creation of a justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion committee whose members have dedicated time in their work schedule to research, discuss, and implement best practices
In terms of perks, we have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and enriching activities. Oh and everyone gets Summer Fridays, which means our afternoons are meeting-free for an opportunity to take off early!
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.
We strive to create an accessible and enjoyable experience for all candidates. If you would like more information about our equality, diversity & inclusion policy, or if you require special accommodation during the application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to reach out to Audrey Bourdonnais, our director of talent & operations.