Republik is looking for a Group Account Director who wants to work for an agency with strong social and environmental values to support its significant growth. This person is expected to improve the structure and management of the client service department of the entire agency based on industry best practices, both in terms of processes and human resources. The client service director will play a significant role in the internal practices at Republik, its team and the way the agency interacts with clients.
In addition to being passionate about organization, this person has a leadership style centred around coaching and aims to rise together with the rest of the team. The ideal person will be able to forge close ties with existing and potential clients of the agency, while also being part of the leadership team.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Support the development of innovating solutions for existing and potential clients of the agency.
- Design and implement efficient processes and tools based on the structure and role of the client service department within Republik.
- Be a part of the leadership team and act as a leader in client services.
- Coach and develop a diverse, flexible and growing client service team.
- Give insight on pitches and other initiatives relating to the agency’s business development.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't think it's a good thing to have a too-long list of criteria. So let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar position in an agency, including leadership and management roles.
- Human-centred approach and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in social impact strategies.
- Ability to forge relationships based on trust.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in managing complex projects, involving many people.
- High-level proficiency in various project management tools.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.