We wish the next few lines were self-explanatory, but we know they're not. At Republik, our mission is clear: to help brands change the world. To do that, we need to create an inclusive environment and build a diverse team where everyone feels free to put their convictions to work and where they can feel heard and encouraged. We believe in recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion that doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical disability, age, language, accent or any other characteristic that makes us unique. We also believe that bringing people together with different identities, experiences and abilities helps us to truly understand the communities we work with, so we can be even more creative. And so the industries we work with can change.
Republik is looking for a graphic and motion designer. In collaboration with the creative director, art director, and the entire creative team, this person will contribute to the realization of branding projects, campaigns, content, and employer branding for companies and organizations that take concrete actions for the environment and society.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Participate in ideating creative solutions for brand platforms, campaigns, content, and employer branding
- Conceptualize and present ideas that are compelling, conversation-starting, and transformative
- Bring visual ideas and videos to life
- Ensure the quality of ideas from the start of a project to its delivery
- Collaborate proactively with the creative, strategy, account, and production teams throughout the project.
What kind of background are you looking for?
You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criteria. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- Experience in a creative agency as a designer, or in a relevant role and environment
- Experience with brand platforms, campaigns, content, and employer branding
- Understanding of digital platforms
- Comfort with motion design and video
- Ability to lead creative projects independently, with support from the creative director and art director
- Ability to articulate and explain ideas
- Strong interest in the world of social and environmental impact
- Interest in emerging technologies
- Comfort with English is an asset.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our benefits:
- Four weeks of vacation upon hire, plus two weeks off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The possibility of four-day work weeks thanks to meeting-free Summer Fridays
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first three months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness and period days. No questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around working remotely and internationally
- Possibility of an unpaid leave or a part-time schedule
- $400 allowance per year for wellness needs
- An RRSP program with employer contribution
- 5@7s and cultural events
- Monthly training sessions
- Paid mentorship opportunities for all employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions.
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. We strive to create an environment that fosters personal and professional growth so that everyone in the agency can put their convictions to work.
There’s so much more to offer, but you’ll have to come see for yourself!
The hiring process
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.