Republik is looking for a Motion Designer - Designer to help brands who are genuinely looking to have a positive impact on the environment and society. You will work for clients in industries such as food, second-hand retail, health-tech, arts and culture, and more. This person will translate the stories of our client's brands into striking visuals adapted to each of the brand's platforms, mainly digital. The Motion Designer is part of the creative team and works under the supervision of the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director.
"Alright, so what's the job?"
The job is to change the world through Creation of Social Capital™. But, if you want to get into specifics, here's a list of day-to-day tasks you'll have to perform:
- Work with an art director to translate ideas into storyboards and foster them through production.
- Collaborate with the design team, to bring to life and deliver high quality and innovative motion graphic content that seamlessly integrates with clients’ branding platforms.
- Collaborate with the content and production teams to develop motion graphics for content series for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
- Design 2D vector graphics and animate them while editing a mix of live action footage and 2D motion graphics.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
- Occasionally work on digital creative assets with the Design and Content teams.
- Assist and collaborate with the ACD to translate ideas into video art direction.
- Respect clients’ existing brand guidelines and/or aesthetic when developing motion work.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the Creative team.
"What kind of background are you looking for?"
Here is our ultimate wish list:
- You have 2+ years of experience within a creative agency or design studio as a Motion Designer/Designer.
- You love to think “in motion”, but you have an impeccable eye for design and the skills to execute it across a variety of digital platforms.
- You have a base knowledge in mixing sound for video but are eager to learn more.
- You're a visual communicator (i.e you know how to explain your ideas).
- You're proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- You can manage your time and meet deadlines, and no design challenge is too big or too small.
- You're culturally voracious, staying on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
- You're highly collaborative, organized, and kind. In other words, you’re a team player with no ego.
- You meet challenges with a sense of possibility and openness.
- You have convictions and you want to put them to work.
- You're hungry to learn and try new things, both in terms of your own skill set and ideas we bring to clients.
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite and Premiere, especially After Effects.
- Bonus points if you have experience in web design (landing pages).
- And extra bonus points if you can speak both French and English.
"What kind of people do you hire?"
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, we have five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process. They are:
1- Be committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
"And what are the perks?"
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.