Republik is looking for a junior graphic and motion designer who wants to work for brands that take positive concrete actions for the environment and society.
The person knows all things motion design and transforms the stories of our clients' brands into images, on visual formats adapted to each of the brand's platforms, mainly digital. The Graphic & Motion Designer is part of the content team and works under the supervision of the Creative Director, the Art Director, and project managers.
"Alright, so what's the job?"
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But, if you want to get into specifics, here's a list of day-to-day tasks you'll have to perform:
- Working closely with the Senior Art Director, other designers, project managers, and the Creative Director to push design work forward.
- Collaborating with the content and production teams to refine designs for brand imagery and visuals for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
- Designing 2D vector graphics and animating them while editing a mix of live action footage and 2D motion graphics.
- Assisting with everything from brainstorms and storyboarding to refine video assets for final delivery.
- Designing key assets and occasionally collaborating with designers for fine-tuning purposes.
- Assisting the Art Director and content team for branding projects and digital campaigns.
- Participating in designing client presentations.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions in collaboration with the creative team.
"What kind of background are you looking for?"
Honestly, we don't think it's good to have a long list of criteria. So, let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a designer within a creative agency or design studio.
- You’re eager to learn more about creating 360 brand systems.
- You love to think about assets in movement.
- You’re hungry to learn and try new things, both in terms of your own skill set and ideas we bring to clients.
- You have a natural curiosity and you're always on the lookout for the latest trends, both in motion design, branding, and pop culture.
- You have an impeccable eye for design and the skills to execute it.
- You want a strong team spirit but have the ability to work independently when needed.
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe suite.
- A plus: Experience in UI animations
"What kind of people do you hire?"
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, we have five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process. They are:
1- Be committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
"And what are the perks?"
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.