Republik is looking for a junior art director who wants to work for brands that take positive concrete actions for the environment and society.
This person will translate the stories of our clients' brands into images on visual formats, adapted to each of the brand's platforms, mainly digital. The Junior Art Director is part of the content team and works under the supervision of the Creative Director, Art Director, and project managerss.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But, if you want to get into specifics, here's a list of day-to-day tasks you'll have to perform:
- Working closely with the Senior Art Director, copywriters, designers, project managers, strategists, and the Creative Director to push design projects forward from brainstorms to final delivery.
- Working with copywriters occasionally to generate provocative, impactful ideas for everything from content campaigns to social ads–and foster them through production.
- Collaborating with the creation and production teams to develop art direction for brand imagery and lead the execution of photoshoots and videos.
- Articulating concepts and presenting art directions to clients.
- Collaborating with the Senior Art Director on branding projects to create unique aesthetics.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions along with the creative team.
- Designing key assets and occasionally collaborating with designers for fine-tuning purposes.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't think it's good to have a long list of criteria. So, let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- You have 4+ years of experience as an Art Director within a creative agency or design studio, ideally working across multiple mediums (social, digital, broadcast, etc). OR You could be a designer ready to step up as a junior art director.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English and French.
- You like working in a team environment to create all visual elements, ranging from branding to art direction of photo and video campaigns.
- You have experience in platform development for innovative brands on local and national levels.
- You led photoshoot productions to success.
- You want to create visual platforms for responsible companies and brands.
- You’re proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- You can manage your time and meet deadlines.
- You’re a visual communicator, have an impeccable eye for design, a strong sense of creative processes, and the skills to execute it.
- You’re culturally voracious, staying on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
- You don't have a big ego. You’re highly collaborative, organized, and kind.
- You meet challenges with a sense of possibility and openness.
- You’re hungry to learn and try new things, both in terms of your own skill set and ideas we bring to clients.
- You have extensive knowledge of the Adobe suite.
- A plus: Experience in 360 branding.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.