Republik is looking for a Designer who is looking to transition into a Junior Art Director role. You will help create a range of branding systems for innovative brands who are genuinely looking to have a positive impact on the environment and society. You will work for clients in industries such as food, second-hand retail, health-tech, arts and culture, and more. This person will translate the stories of our client's brands into striking visuals adapted to each of the brand's platforms, mainly digital. The Junior Art Director is part of the creative team and works under the supervision of the Creative Director and Creative Lead Design.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through Creation of Social Capital™, nothing less. But if you want to get into the specifics, here's a list of day-to-day tasks you'll have to perform:
- You will explore how brands are built from the ground up and help conceive and develop compelling visual identities rooted in strategy and answer our clients' business needs.
- Work with a Copywriter to generate provocative, impactful ideas for everything from content campaigns to social ads–and foster them through production.
- Assist and collaborate with the Senior Art director on branding projects to create unique aesthetics and positionings.
- Actively contribute to and oversee key steps of the process of developing a brand’s visual identity - from creative intentions to final asset revisions and delivery.
- Collaborate with the content and production teams to develop art direction for brand imagery.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the creative team.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Here is our ultimate wish list:
- You have 5+ years of experience within a creative agency or design studio, ideally working across multiple mediums (social, digital, etc.). You want to become Junior Art Director.
- You're a visual communicator. You have an impeccable eye for design and the skills to execute it.
- You have developed impactful 360 brand platforms with local and national brands.
- You love to think unconventionally and create visual platforms for responsible companies.
- You're proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- You can manage your time and meet deadlines, and no design challenge is too big or small.
- You're culturally voracious, staying on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
- You're highly collaborative, organized, and kind. In other words, you’re a team player with no ego.
- You meet challenges with a sense of possibility and openness.
- You're hungry to learn and try new things, both in terms of your own skill set and ideas we bring to clients.
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Bonus points if you have experience in awareness campaigns and web design (landing pages).
- And extra bonus points if you can speak both French and English.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.