We wish the next few lines were self-explanatory, but we know they're not. At Republik, our mission is clear: to help brands change the world. To do that, we need to create an inclusive environment and build a diverse team where everyone feels free to put their convictions to work and where they can feel heard and encouraged. We believe in recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion that doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical disability, age, language, accent or any other characteristic that makes us unique. We also believe that bringing people together with different identities, experiences and abilities helps us to truly understand the communities we work with, so we can be even more creative. And so the industries we work with can change.
Republik is looking for a lead copywriter. In collaboration with the creative director, art director, and the entire creative team, this person will contribute to the realization of branding projects, campaigns, content, and employer branding for companies and organizations that take concrete actions for the environment and society. This person will be able to lead projects independently and also contribute to mentoring the writing team.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Participate in ideation of creative solutions in naming, brand platform, campaign, content, and employer branding
- Conceptualize and present ideas that convey convictions, spark conversations, and drive change
- Ensure the follow-up and quality of ideas until delivery
- Support the creative team in developing ideas, provide creative alignment and mentor the writing team
- Contribute to the validation and improvement of creative briefs.
What kind of background are you looking for?
You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criteria. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- Experience in a creative agency as a copywriter or in a relevant role and environment
- Experience in naming, brand platform, campaign, content, and employer branding
- Understanding of digital platforms
- Ability to lead creative projects independently, in collaboration with the creative, strategy, and account teams, and with the support of the creative director and art director
- Ability to tell and explain ideas
- Strong interest in the world of social and environmental impact
- Comfort with inclusive writing is an asset
- Comfort with English is an asset.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our benefits:
- Four weeks of vacation upon hire, plus two weeks off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The possibility of four-day work weeks thanks to meeting-free Summer Fridays
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first three months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness and period days. No questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around working remotely and internationally
- Possibility of an unpaid leave or a part-time schedule
- $400 allowance per year for wellness needs
- An RRSP program with employer contribution
- 5@7s and cultural events
- Monthly training sessions
- Paid mentorship opportunities for all employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions.
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. We strive to create an environment that fosters personal and professional growth so that everyone in the agency can put their convictions to work.
There’s so much more to offer, but you’ll have to come see for yourself!
The hiring process
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Republik is a creative agency at the intersection of brands & sustainability. A certified B-Corporation and Global Compact Signatory, we’re a collective of purpose-driven talents who share a common belief that businesses can do well by doing good. Our clients retain our services to develop purpose-centric brand platforms, digital marketing & content solutions, as well as change-focused advertising campaigns. We believe brands can change the world. Do you?