For the first time since its creation, Republik is looking for an HR and talent partner to support the team in its growth and transformation.
Retention of our team, skills development of our employees, positioning of Republik as an employer of choice on the market, and attraction of the best diversified talents in the industry will be the indicators of success for our HR partner. Republik, by its very mission, is aware that there is a long way to go in terms of its internal practices, and intends to position itself as an employer brand leader in the industry through talent development and acquisition practices. That’s why this is a great playing field for an HR professional who wants to challenge the status quo, innovate when it comes to development and talent acquisition, and have a real impact on the very direction of the company.
Alright, so what's the job?
Since this is the first HR role at Republik, this position will be very diverse and several projects will need to be planned and prioritized with the executive team. Basically, we are trying to build the entire HR structure of the agency. This is a highly strategic and operational position. If we’re getting into the specifics, here's a list of tasks you'll have to perform on a day-to-day basis:
- Establish inclusive, innovative HR processes aligned with the very values of the company;
- Develop a network of diversified candidates in the industry, actively participate in the promotion of Republik's employer brand on the market, and be the internal reference for everything related to talent acquisition;
- Participate in employer branding and HR marketing initiatives;
- Support senior management with regard to work organization, team development and management, compensation and benefits, and HR systems;
- Develop HR tools and dashboards for all agency systems;
- Put in place quantitative measures and performance indicators related to recruitment, retention, remuneration, and team engagement.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't think it's a good thing to have a too-long list of criteria. So let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- 3 to 5 years experience as an HR partner, ideally in an entrepreneurial, innovative, and growing environment;
- Strong expertise in talent acquisition and networking to support business growth;
- Good knowledge of best practices in HR innovation;
- An intrapreneurial spirit and a proactive attitude towards planning, management, and implementation of HR initiatives.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.