Republik is looking to recruit a Content Strategy - SEO specialist who would like to work for brands that take concrete action for the environment and for society.
The Content Strategist will utilize their expertise of user behaviours on social and digital platforms to encourage online communities to consume better—rather than more. This person will excel in developing measurable strategies aligned with the digital presence of our clients, with a clear understanding of the purpose and DNA of the brands with which they will collaborate. Their field of expertise includes digital tactics which will perform in paid media, and client-owned and influencer-owned platforms. By working closely with our creative team, the Content Strategist will be able to push the editorial content—written, photo, and video—and brand values of our clients to convert and retain relevant audiences.
If the terms “conversion”, “reach”, “optimization”, “strategy”, “digital engagement”, and above all, “social and environmental impact” are a part of your vocabulary, you’re definitely at the right place. Let’s chat!
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Actively participate in the development of digital, communication, and content strategies;
- Identify content opportunities for brand websites and blogs, while guiding the editorial team in SEO writing;
- Develop multiplatform content plans and schedules;
- Perform analyses of the industry’s best practices;
- Highlight relevant insights from data to build strategy and creative briefs;
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each action;
- Target relevant content creators and influencers, keeping the database up to date;
- Use Google tools to plan, monitor, measure, analyze, and optimize the performance of actions;
- Oversee content distribution with the community management team;
- Prepare pitches with the creative team;
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't believe in long criteria lists. Let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- Sufficient experience in a content strategist position with a recognized media, agency, or client;
- Deep understanding of the digital world, social media, and SEO.
- Comfortable with Google Adwords, Keyword Planner, Trends, and Analytics (Google certification, an asset);
- Familiar with social media management and measurement platforms;
- Skills in media creativity and content creation;
- Excellent sense of organization, time management, and priorities;
- Comfortable working in Apple and Google environments;
- Enjoys teamwork, benefits from change, and fosters innovation.
What kind of people do you hire?
Here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to disrupt the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be brave enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our current equality, diversity & inclusion initiatives:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first 3 months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness, and period days, no questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around remote work, working hours, and vacation time
- Additional benefits accrued with seniority, including the possibility of an unpaid leave or part-time schedule
- Recognition of religious and cultural holidays
- Recognition of Juneteeth and Martin Luther King Jr Day in allyship with Black Lives Matter
- Company volunteer days
- Mentorship opportunities for employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions, including women and BIPOC
- A commitment to implement the demands contained in The Call for Equity, an open letter to Canadian Advertising and Marketing Industry Leaders to create a more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist advertising and marketing industry
- The creation of a justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion committee whose members have dedicated time in their work schedule to research, discuss, and implement best practices
In terms of perks, we have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and enriching activities. Oh and everyone gets Summer Fridays, which means our afternoons are meeting-free for an opportunity to take off early!
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.
We strive to create an accessible and enjoyable experience for all candidates. If you would like more information about our equality, diversity & inclusion policy, or if you require special accommodation during the application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to reach out to Audrey Bourdonnais, our director of talent & operations.