Republik is looking for a Content Strategist who wants to work for brands that take concrete action for the environment and for society.
The Content Strategist will apply their knowledge of user behaviours on social and digital platforms - encouraging consumers to consume better (rather than more). This person is also a pro at developing measurable strategies aligned to the digital presence of our clients, with a clear understanding of the purpose and DNA of brands. The field of expertise includes digital tactics, which make it possible to take advantage of paid media, owned platforms of our clients, as well as those of their influencers. By working closely with our creative team, the Content Strategist will be able to push the editorial, written, photo, or video content, values and brand of our customers into conversions online, and retention of the relevant audiences.
If you read the terms “conversion, reach, optimization, strategy, digital engagement” and above all, “social and environmental impact”, and that speaks to you, let’s say we’re on the right track!
Alright, so what's the job?
We have the ambition to change the world through Creation of Social Capital™, nothing less. If we’re getting into the specifics, here's a list of tasks you'll have to perform on a day-to-day basis:
- Actively participate in the development of digital, communication, and content strategies.
- Develop multiplatform content plans and schedules.
- Perform analyses of industry best practices.
- Identify relevant insights from data to build strategy and creation briefs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each action.
- Target relevant content creators and influencers, keeping the database up to date.
- Use Google tools to plan, monitor, measure, analyze, and optimize the performance of actions.
- Oversee content distribution with the community management team.
- Develop pitches with the creative team.
- Develop performance reports and present them to clients.
What kind of background are you looking for?
Honestly, we don't think it's a good thing to have a too-long list of criteria. So let's just say these are some of the traits we think might help you do your job well:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a content strategist position with a recognized media, agency or client side.
- Deep understanding of the digital world, social media, and SEO.
- Comfortable with Google Adwords, Keyword Planner, Trends and Analytics (Google certification, an asset).
- Familiar with social media management and measurement platforms.
- Skills in media creativity and content creation.
- Excellent sense of organization, management of time and priorities.
- Comfortable working in an Apple and Google environment.
- Ability for teamwork, benefiting from change and fostering innovation.
What kind of people do you hire?
First of all, let us be clear: we will always prioritize people from minority groups at equivalent skills and experience. That being said, here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to hack the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be crazy enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the perks?
All agencies offer pretty much the same thing, right? A good salary, nice offices, a decent insurance coverage, etc. Of course we have all of that, but that's not what sets us apart. What makes us different is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
We are very flexible with remote working and vacation time. And we understand how work-family balance is important; there were 4 new babies this year at Republik!
We have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and team-building activities. Oh and everyone gets Friday afternoons off in the summer to enjoy the beautiful weather!
But most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. Everybody brings their passions and convictions to work, so that means you’ll always find a camp, ski, bike, or beer buddy! Or someone to talk to about your vegan lifestyle or mental health.
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, Personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.