Republik is looking for a Brand Strategy Analysis specialist to join the strategy department.
This person will be responsible for conducting analyses and audits as part of our strategic approach for our current and potential clients. In collaboration with the team on each project, they will study the consumption and use of products and services of partner brands. They will also be called upon to identify business opportunities for companies that wish to take concrete action for the environment and society. This role may extend to reading, extracting data, and highlighting insights in any literature that may be relevant to the brand and to Republik.
The Brand Strategy Analysis specialist will work with brands across multiple B2B and B2C industries including food, second-hand retail, health technology, arts and culture. They will be part of the strategy team and will report to the Director of Strategy, while also working in collaboration with Republik’s creative and accounts teams.
Alright, so what's the job?
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Research, compile, and synthesize:
- Identify and analyze data from partners, while fully assimilating their story and any other relevant documents;
- Understand the brands’ strategic needs;
- Synthesize and simplify the data for the rest of the strategy team.
- Identify the competition’s best practices and monitor the industry;
- Work in collaboration with brand strategy, communication strategy, and content strategy experts to support them in their analyses and the preparation of their presentations;
- Contribute to ideation sessions in collaboration with the strategy team and, as needed, with the creative team;
- Work with the creative, accounts, and production teams to develop strategy tools within a given time frame and budget.
What kind of background are you looking for?
You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criteria. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- Sufficient experience in a similar position;
- The ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, to highlight essential information, and to define the first territories of opportunities for our partners;
- The ability to research data in statistical platforms and various relevant databases;
- A proactive attitude and an interest in creative problem solving;
- Team spirit and collaboration, good organizational skills, and openness to others;
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines;
- Fluency in English and French;
- An interest in impact strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility.
What kind of people do you hire?
Here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to disrupt the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be brave enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our current equality, diversity & inclusion initiatives:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first 3 months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness, and period days, no questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around remote work, working hours, and vacation time
- Additional benefits accrued with seniority, including the possibility of an unpaid leave or part-time schedule
- Recognition of religious and cultural holidays
- Recognition of Juneteeth and Martin Luther King Jr Day in allyship with Black Lives Matter
- Company volunteer days
- Mentorship opportunities for employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions, including women and BIPOC
- A commitment to implement the demands contained in The Call for Equity, an open letter to Canadian Advertising and Marketing Industry Leaders to create a more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist advertising and marketing industry
- The creation of a justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion committee whose members have dedicated time in their work schedule to research, discuss, and implement best practices
In terms of perks, we have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and enriching activities. Oh and everyone gets Summer Fridays, which means our afternoons are meeting-free for an opportunity to take off early!
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.
We strive to create an accessible and enjoyable experience for all candidates. If you would like more information about our equality, diversity & inclusion policy, or if you require special accommodation during the application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to reach out to Audrey Bourdonnais, our director of talent & operations.