Republik is on the lookout for an associate creative director with a specialization in creation and content creation. This person will be responsible for ensuring the creative vision for content at Republik. They will collaborate with the creative teams as they will guide them in the creation of content and campaigns for our clients and partners; companies that are taking action for the environment and society.
This person will find innovative ways to translate our clients’ business objectives into words, images and results. They will work hand in hand with the content strategy and media performance teams to develop communication tools for each of the brand’s digital touch points. As a content expert, this person will inspire the creative team and encourage them to present versatile ideas that can live across the client’s entire digital ecosystem (owned, earned and paid), and even in 360.
This person will work with clients in a variety of companies, both B2B and B2C, namely in the food, second-hand retail, health technology, arts and culture industries. In partnership with the agency’s Creative Director, they will have a key role in leading the department and will be committed to the evolution and development of their team and colleagues. They will work closely with the Associate Creative Director and lead design, the Editor-in-chief and the accounts department.
Alright, so what’s the job?
Our creative team is the largest of the agency and it already rests on a solid foundation, both in terms of our processes and tools and the composition of our team of experts. We are looking to take it to the next level!
The job is to change the world through the Creation of Social Capital™. But if you want us to be more precise, here’s a list of tasks you’ll have to do in your day-to-day:
- Provide a clear vision and creative direction for the agency’s content accounts, while respecting our clients’ brand platforms, or defining editorial lines where appropriate;
- Share content expertise transversely and identify opportunities with other clients;
- Design and create content campaigns, primarily digital, as needed;
- Assume the position of Specialist in content creation by influencing our client’s management while representing Republik unique expertise in content, impact, performance and brand;
- Elevate, nurture and mentor a team of content writers and designers with a self-management and mentoring approach;
- Participate in ideation sessions in collaboration with the creative, strategy and account teams;
- Support the creative direction on brand platform and 360 campaign projects;
- Ensure the quality of content briefs and provide collaborative solutions to improve internal processes when necessary;
- Grow accounts by identifying creative opportunities based on the client’s business context and translating them into effective creative solutions;
- Constantly learn about market trends, share them internally and with the industry;
- In collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief, oversee and manage the work assignments and deadlines of the content writing team.
What kind of background are you looking for?
You'll find our ultimate wish list below, but we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like your profile matches every criterion. Remember, men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications.
- Approximately 5 to 7 years of experience in an influential and team management role in content creation and/or a media environment that requires similar skills;
- A passion for content creation across all platforms and a strong interest in social impact;
- A strong ability to align creative teams by guiding them in a concise and clear manner, both when sharing ideas with clients and during work sessions;
- A perspective that will elevate Republik’s product to the standard of its core values and origins;
- Demonstrated experience in developing presentations and supporting clients;
- Ability to assign work to the right resources within the project’s timeframe and budget;
- Fluency in English and French.
What kind of people do you hire?
Here are our five social standards that guide us in our mission and hiring process:
1 - Be Committed
We're all on the same team and we share a common vision for a better world. Building a better world takes time and energy, so we have to make commitments—to our colleagues, our clients, and our planet.
2 - Stay Curious
Our 9 to 5 doesn’t define who we are. But who we are defines our 9 to 5. We cultivate our passions, we seek discovery, and we stay open to the world. Keeping our fire alive is a full-time job.
3 - Think Bold
We don’t do average. Our ideas are meant to disrupt the status quo and challenge brands to dream about what they can become. Forget impossible, because to change the world, you have to be brave enough to believe you can.
4 - Speak Real
We like our stories real and our facts checked. No B.S. Our culture is inclusive and our collaborations based on integrity and honesty. Ego is not your amigo.
5 - Rise Together
Our collaboration exists above titles and our trust in one another is more than just task descriptions. We work together with more empathy than criticism, more vulnerability than ego, and more listening than talking. Because 1+1=3.
And what are the conditions?
We know we're not perfect, and we're humbly working to continually better ourselves. We also know actions speak louder than words, so here's an overview of our current equality, diversity & inclusion initiatives:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage after your first 3 months of employment, including access to a virtual care platform for mental and physical health
- Paid sick time, including mental health, wellness, and period days, no questions asked
- Flexibility around childcare and family sick time
- Flexibility around remote work, working hours, and vacation time
- Additional benefits accrued with seniority, including the possibility of an unpaid leave or part-time schedule
- Recognition of religious and cultural holidays
- Recognition of Juneteeth and Martin Luther King Jr Day in allyship with Black Lives Matter
- Company volunteer days
- Mentorship opportunities for employees interested in leadership positions or other promotions, including women and BIPOC
- A commitment to implement the demands contained in The Call for Equity, an open letter to Canadian Advertising and Marketing Industry Leaders to create a more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist advertising and marketing industry
- The creation of a justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion committee whose members have dedicated time in their work schedule to research, discuss, and implement best practices
In terms of perks, we have a beautiful office in downtown Montreal, but we also have an office in Tremblant to make sure people stay connected with nature. We have online yoga classes, a cash-back program for those who use public transportation, lunch-and-learn sessions every month, and one big offsite event every year with inspiring guest speakers and enriching activities. Oh and everyone gets Summer Fridays, which means our afternoons are meeting-free for an opportunity to take off early!
Most importantly, our team is what makes Republik different. What sets us apart is that we truly care about our employees and we walk the talk. (We actually won a prize for that!)
There's so much more, but you'll have to come see for yourself!
- This is a full-time job offer, which starts as soon as possible.
- Salary based on experience.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send us your resume, relevant achievements, and links to the platforms of your choice (LinkedIn, Behance, personal website, and/or social media) by filling in the form here.
We strive to create an accessible and enjoyable experience for all candidates. If you would like more information about our equality, diversity & inclusion policy, or if you require special accommodation during the application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to reach out to Audrey Bourdonnais, our director of talent & operations.